Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Student Review #3: March 12, 2022 Concert

We asked some of our fabulous Lawrence University students to join us at the March 12 concert and share their thoughts. Our next reviewer is Malcolm Davis. Thank you, Malcolm! 




I always enjoy going to FVSO concerts, and the March 12th concert was no different. The program had a great mixture of new, under-performed, and symphonic classics. The opening work, Louise Farrenc’s Overture No. 1 in E Minor was an exciting piece of music.  I can appreciate knowing that when I attend an FVSO concert, I will have left listening to music I haven’t heard before such as Farrenc’s overture, or Jessie Montgomery’s Soul Force. This is what makes the Fox Valley Symphony unique and stand out among its’ peers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment